Friday, August 25, 2006

August 25th
Sage woke up during the night for a bottle but then slept in today till 730. We had a free day today so it was kind of nice to take our time getting ready, and just relax this morning. After breakfast we took a cab ride over to the Changsha Central Park w/ 2 other couples. Riding in a taxi is much different now that Sage is in my arms. No car seat of course. And boy was it wild! The park was alot of fun and I am really glad we went, despite the heat. Today was very humid, and after walking around with Sage strapped on me, we are both a sweaty mess! The park is a huge place, they even have an amusement park inside of it. That is the kind of place I like to be. Just being able to watch the people be who they are. While walking in the city, it is so rushed and hustle bustle. But at the park it is families and people just hanging out having fun. The parks here are so beautiful and there is so much detail in the buildings. We were quite a spectacle for sure walking around there. I did not notice nearly as many glares there as I have been close to our hotel. After the park we taxied over to Superwalmart and McDonalds. Did i mention they told us this was the biggest walmart in the world? We were not sure that could be true, while it is 4 stories tall, it does not appear to be as big a selection. We really looked at an egg crate for the bed this week, but they want $30(american for it!) Must have been the most expensive thing in the entire city! McDonalds was very good! Even Mark was excited about eating there, and if you ask our kids, they know Daddy does not ever want to go to McDonalds! It tasted the same, except the fries were not as salty. I was really enjoying a big mac till i found a hair, baked in my bun, then I was quickly done! One interesting thing to note, their medium size combo is our small size w/ a small soda. SuperSize is our normal large coke and fries we would get w/ a combo. And we wonder why we are so fat in America!
Mark finished up paperwork this afternoon while I packed and Sage slept. Hopeful I used more here than I am bringing w/ me to Guangzhou! Because we know I need LOTS of space there to shop!
Some interesting things about our hotel here. We are at the Dolton, a 5 star. The elevators are small, and at least a million people get on w/ you each time. Wonder why the one is still broke after our scary ride this week? They are also VERY slow, you wait forever, which is why they cram on I am sure. We are on floor 32, and yet I can hear all the traffic noises below and I swear the other night I could hear a dog barking! 32 stories high and it feels as if the cars are right outside. We have a scale in our room, something I have never had before in all the places I have stayed. I like it! Especially watching it as I sweat off pounds! Our room has a doorbell and the do not disturb is built into the wall, all digital. There is an extra button in the bathroom so if someone knocks, you can push the button and tell them "no disturb" or you can push a button and it lights up w/ clean up please. Neat! We have Guy Smiley working here who is a hoot! His name is Dean and he is a butler. He is very happy and always rushes over to say hello to the babies.
We were all talking today how the chinese always touch the babies faces. In the US when we meet a baby, we touch their feet or legs, but here they are right in their face and they pat on them very hard! I am not that big of a germ phobic, so it does not really bother me, though I was a little grossed out today when the parents were having their little boy up in Sage's face and he had on the split pants and his hands were doing what all little boys do! Thankfully he did not touch her. We do get such a mixed reaction. Some come up and smile and play w/ Sage, some want their pictures w/ us, some just glare. What we find very funny are the ones who act like they are posing their own family for a picture, yet they are pointing the camera right at us!
Oh, did i mention how mark was up last night sick to his stomach as was our neighbor? I found it hard to feel sorry for Mark with all the things he has been eating! I mean come on is it really normal to eat donkey's ***? But thankfully everyone was fine today. I am sure it was just to many spicy things in one day. Amazingly, my stomach has been fine. I have been taking pepto daily as was advised to me, but I have not been sick at all. Of course I avoid anything questionable also.
The computer has still been giving us fits. The screen just comes and goes. So I have to start these entrys early in the day during naptime, then try to finish when Sage is in bed at night, hoping we can keep it working long enough to post. Please keep praying that we can make it just 5 more days. I am really anxious to share the white swan w/ you all! We are praying for a softer bed. We will be sad to give up our suite, but the price difference there was just ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment