Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ruth 1:16
For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God my God.
Are you going through Sage withdrawal? We are thankful to our friends the Gove family for being so gracious to share their computer with us. Mark kept saying it is not that big of a deal, we are almost home. But it is a big deal because this journal is for Sage more than anything. And it takes me about 10 times as long to handwrite as it does to type it in. So I am very happy tonight! We are in the final stop of China, so that means we are very close to home. We are in shoppers heaven! And now I can communicate once again!
So Mark was able to post on blogger yesterday. I am proud of him, he covered more than 3 sentences. Once we are home, I will post the full post on that day w/ all the the great pictures from the park, but for now I will just comment on all the information we were given on Sage. I think Mark’s words were “it is cool”. Well, any mother knows, it is WAY more than just cool! It is a true miracle the information that we have on her. First of all, Sage was in the half the sky foundation. That in itself is a blessing and when I have more time, I will fill you in on what that foundation is all about. Then to have pictures of her as a newborn, along w/ a few others is just amazing to me. I often wondered if they just mark boxes on their papers and make up reports, but everything it says about Sage and her personality, is exactly the little girl we have been getting to know for the last week. Mark went to the paperwork meeting yesterday, and we knew we would get a picture of her finding ad. But when he walked in w/ this booklet of information on her, I just sobbed! I will forever be thankful for this history I have of her.
Today we had to be up early for our flight to Guangzhou. Sage did great on the plane. She slept for most of it. In fact she slept on the way to the airport and while we waited, slept on the flight, slept when we got in our hotel, slept through dinner and is now in bed for the night. This is my daughter, she loves her sleep! And she loves her bottles. I tried a pacifier tonight and it just made her mad. But she constantly wants a bottle. I am guessing she might have a sore throat. Still no fever, but still coughing and runny nose. Runny eyes etc.
We were met in Guangzhou by our guide for the week, Dennis. He is a funny guy! We went straight to the White Swan hotel and it is amazing! Of course everyone has heard of the white swan, right? Famous adoption hotel here in China. And I knew it was going to nice, but it really is nicer than I thought. We have a beautiful view of the Pearl River(thanks to those who suggested we get that), and our bed here is so much softer than the Dolton. Now, it is not my bed at home, but better than before. They even brought in a mattress topper to make it softer. It is a huge king bed. Half our floor is beautiful marble and it is is just so nice. It is smaller of course than our suite, but I am glad we did not pay to upgrade here, the room is just fine for us.
We ordered in from Dannys Bagel for lunch, which is an American delivery bakery. Our lunch was ok. We took the babies for visa photos and then we had fun shopping! Oh how I wish we could plan a girls weekend to shop here! Mark is already annoying me, but I do not barter and I can not calculate in my head fast enough to keep up w/ the bartering, so we are forced to shop together. I bought Sage her first silk dress, there should be a picture of it! Just for fun, ladybugs of course! There are little shops everywhere around the hotel. They walk out and practically drag you in to look around. I did not buy a lot yet, eyeing it all today! Just the dress and a little winter coat for Sage. But I have my list and I am ready! We are wanting to buy a handcarved trunk, we are both in love w/ those, and we would have to have it shipped back, which is not cheap. We are hoping to find a few families who might want things shipped back to split the cost. If we buy a trunk, we would be able to fill it and have it all shipped back in it.
Dinner was at a Thai restaurant close by. Food was good served family style which is a lot of fun. They had pigeon on the menu, which Sabrina told us to try, but I don’t know about that. Probably by the end Mark will be eating it.
Tomorrow we are going to attend church. Sabrina is taking us, so I am very excited about that. Also anxious to try the breakfast buffet here, I hear it is the best one! They are taking us shopping at a Toy Store? Monday we go to the Pearl and Jade Market! Shopping, shopping, shopping!
So how is Sage doing now? We are getting many more smiles! She is just a very laid back baby for sure. Sweet little personality, quiet and content. She is not shy, and she continues to study everything and anyone that looks at her. If we are in a new place, she takes it all in. She seems to be responding to her name, though if I say Yi Qiao or Qiao Qiao, she whips her head around to! We are having a terrible time with her face breaking out, so anyone with advice for that, please pass it on. Sabrina had us get this herbal stuff, but it does not seem to be working all that great. Her little head gets dried out also. I don’t have a lot of stuff w/ me, so once we are home I will be trying all kinds of lotions and creams. She is getting to where she wants me to be holding her more often than not. She will fuss sometimes wanting me, but enjoys being in Daddy’s arms also. She is not an easy baby to hold, so the bjorn is wonderful. She just flops in your arms, no help at all. And she is so tiny you can’t put her bottom on your hip to support her! She is sitting up a little more but you can’t leave her at all or she flops. I tried to use a highchair at dinner tonight and they scolded me saying she was to young for it! And she really is, she can’t hold herself up enough for one. Size wise I have done great w/ what I brought. Some things are 3-6 and that is great in the waist. She has a belly on her! 6-9 fits pretty well, though the pants can be big. I would guess fall will be 6-9, maybe 12 month dresses. She is short though. I am anxious to see what they weigh her on Monday at her medical exam.
We are having to use drop shots for our photos now. Hope that you are able to pull them up. We can’t post yesterday’s pictures because they are downloaded on Mark’s laptop, but again, once are home, we will update that day for you.
Thanks again for your prayers. We are so close to home now, we can’t wait! (though I will suffer through the shopping while we wait! Hehehe!) Oh and YES, we do want you at the airport! I know some have asked. If you know me, you know we love a good party! You all have prayed us through 18 months of this adoption, and we know you are praying us through the 32 hours of traveling we have to get home. We welcome your happy smiling faces there! We can’t wait for you to meet Sage! And believe me, she is not going to be scared with a crowd. She has been surrounded by crowds in her face all week and never flinches. Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment