Tuesday, August 29, 2006

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above.
Can you believe it, our last post from China! We have been in frantic mode here trying to tuck every detail of this area into our hearts, while also trying to check off our list of what we want to buy! There is no way I can buy as much as I wanted, though Mark would argue and say I bought out all of Guangzhou. I am sure there will be many moments of “Oh, why did we not get that, or we should have splurged on that.” But we did what we could and lets just hope it all fits! We purchased the “trunk” of a suitcase tonight. It is huge, so I am hoping we can fit it all in.
Today we had to be in our room for awhile, waiting to make sure that Sabrina did not have any questions while she was at the consulate for us. Mark stayed in while Sage napped, I shopped. The shopping here is work. It is sort of like buying a car back home, yet you do it over every single thing. They name a price, you say no way, name your price, they say no way, you walk away they follow you and continue to haggle. Then they hang their head as if you are stealing from them. I do not enjoy it whatsoever. I am very ready to be home and just go to target or the mall, see the price marked, and check out. I guess some would think this is fun, I do not. I am sure I got ripped off big time today all over the place, but at least I got a lot done. And as we keep reminding ourselves, being ripped off in China is still cheaper than buying back home!
After I shopped, Mark headed out to the electronics store. He did not come back with much. Lunch was delivery from Danny’s Bagels, I had pizza. Very average. I know a lot of people love the American food around here, but for me it is not that great. Mark and I said we are both ready for a steak, baked potato, good salad, and a huge soda w/ ice! We are both going to have to wean our self off of regular coke at home. That is mainly what we drink as you can’t find diet and it just sounds better to me than water most of the time.
We had a group photo at 4 and you can see it was pure chaos! Sage is the only baby not sitting up, so you can see her slumped over on the Famous Red Couch. It was really neat to see the couch, after having watched so many babies have pictures made on that couch. We headed over for our group dinner at a local Cantonese restaurant, which was ok. Like I said, I think we are to the point we are just ready for American food served with a fork! CHI had made a really neat slide show for us of photos each family submitted. It was very touching to see and we can’t wait for them to send them to us. By the way, did I mention they made us a video of gotcha day? They taped us from standing in the hotel, getting on the bus walking into the building, just VERY special. Hopefully we can upload it once we are home for you.
We did take Sage down to the pool for a quick dip of her toes, just to see the pool and take a picture! It is beautiful here! It reminds me a little of the Opryland Hotel, all tropical inside and out. It is fancier overall, but just makes me think of that hotel. Here at the White Swan, you have a person who stands at a desk right by the elevators, and as you come down the hall, they push the button and hold the elevator for you. We are getting spoiled! Back to the pool… Poor Sage was so tired, you know it was 7pm! But I had to let you see her darling suit, so we went down, she cried, fell asleep on the way up in my arms, but woke up when we tried to change her. So then we really messed her up. But she played for awhile and finally went to sleep w/ a bottle in the crib. She would do so well to take a pacifier, but we really don’t want to do that! So the bottle in the crib just for tonight! And yes I took it out after the 5 seconds it took her to be asleep.
Last night here. I am SO ready to go home. My mom sent over pictures of the kids first day of school, which they did great by the way. We talked to them this morning, so their night. Makenna seemed happy to be back with her friends. Sawyer informed us it was boring, naptime is to long! But I heard from his teacher, and it sounds like he did very well. We can’t wait for us to be together, we are now a half dozen at our house! But as ready as I am to see them, I am also sad to leave here. The gift that I have been given while here still takes my breath away. China will forever be in my heart, because this is who my daughter is. Sage’s birthmother was heavy on my heart tonight. Does she have any idea that the baby she carried for 9 months is about to be carried away from here forever? Please continue to pray for her birthmother, that she would have peace in her heart and sense that the daughter she gave up, is being loved on and is home with her family, where she should be.
I do plan to go back and update the last few days of our journey home. But of course I can’t do that till we are home! Tomorrow is going to be busy and long. We have to finish up shopping, mainly picking up things we ordered. Try to cram it all in to our suitcases. We leave for the US consulate at 2:45 PM. Sage will get her visa and then we are off to the airport from there. Our flight leaves at 9pm, and I think we land in LA around 7PM on Wednesday. We are staying at the Sheraton by the airport. We fly out on Thursday morning, layover in Denver then we will be HOME!!! Please pray that all flights are on time, and that everything goes smoothly. Yes we did read about the airplane crash in Kentucky this week! Please pray that Sage is able to sleep on the plane. We tried to request a bassinet, but they told us they were not available. She does not sleep well for long being held, though she is better this week than last doing that. I dread it, 15 hours… But it is only 15 hours, and we will finally be on US soil. We can do this!
Thank you again for all the support you have given us on this journey. We appreciate each of you so much and know that you have prayed for us daily as we are here. You have been a blessing to us in so many ways! We are sending huge hugs from China and soon we can thank you in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment